Library is committed to providing widest possible access to information and this commitment is reflected in the range of services provided by it. The Library spares no efforts to fulfill its mission by selecting, acquiring, organizing, reserving, maintaining, and providing access to a collection of materials and electronic resources that address the needs of the academic community.
Library Services: At present, the Library offers following services:
Lending facility: A student can borrow one book at a time for fifteen days, which are further renewable for fifteen days. The lending section functions from 6.30 P.M. to 8.15 P.M.
• Reading Room: The central library has reading room facility for the students. Students can consult text books, reference books and periodicals sitting in the library reading room. The reading room remains open from 2.30 P.M. to 8.30 P.M.
• Reference Service: Reference enquiries are answered and user help are provided through literature search. users are also assisted to search information through Internet.
• Online E-Resources: Library is having access to plenty of electronic journals, e-books, databases through INFLIBNET NLIST e-journal consortium. It is funded by UGC, as a college component under UGC-Infonet Digital Library Consortium. Faculties can access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website through their unique user name and password.
• Library website: Library website is linked to various freely available online information sources. Faculties and students can browse and access the information sources by directly clicking on the link.
• Photocopy/ Reprography Service: The photocopy service is available in the library keeping in mind the copyright rules in this regard. Library allows only central library and seminar library books/ periodicals. However, outside documents will not be copied from the library. A student can photocopy maximum 20 pages of a book @0.80 paisa per page.
• Consultation of Periodicals: The library presently subscribes 11 periodicals, including both journals and magazines and 01 Bengali dailies (Ei Samay). Faculties and students can consult any of the periodicals sitting in the library reading room. However, periodicals can not be borrowed.
• Orientation Program: Library organizes orientation programs for the 1st year students to create awareness about library sources and services. Library also distribute brochure “Know Your Library” to promote and publicize its activities among the students.
• OPAC Service: The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) can be used to search the holdings of the library during library hours. The collection of the library is available online through the OPAC facility of the KOHA library automation software. Books can be searched using different search options like Title, Author, Subject, ISBN or Call number.
• CAS: Current Awareness Service (CAS) keeps the members of the Library well-informed and up-to-date in recently published literature in their fields of specialization. The Library use ‘Notice Board’ and ‘Website’ for this purpose. In notice board, library displays the list of newly acquired books. Using RSS feeds of ‘Google News’, library disseminates current information on ‘Health’, ‘Science’, ‘Technology’ and ‘Top Story’. Further, the service also disseminates the latest issue contents of some Faculty selected journals of NLIST in Physics and Chemistry discipline.
• Bibliographical Services: Library provide bibliographical services for the science department students. Every year, Library compile and make the list of available books of seminar/ departmental library. Then the list is uploaded in the library website as PDF format so that students can access the list to know the seminar library collections.
• Internet and Wi-Fi Service: Library has Broadband connection for accessing Internet. Faculties can browse Internet and Wi-Fi Services from library portals, laptops and mobile devices.
• Printing Service: The Library has one Canon Copier-Scanner-Printer machine. Faculties can print documents from library for their academic purposes.