Ananda Mohan College has a functional unit of National Service Scheme (NSS) under Calcutta University to impart 2-year institutional training to NSS volunteers. We conduct community services and social orientation programms through NSS activities like promotion of voluntary blood donation and prevention of AIDS, survey of slum area, campus cleaning, tree plantation and environmental awareness and setting-up of health awareness camp with free health check-up facilities.
The college acknowledges the importance of inculcating value-education into the students’ mindsets and making them aware of, and sensitive to, various social and socio-economic issues affecting the society at large. The highlights of the initiatives and the achievements in these areas under NSS scheme are furnished hereinunder.
- The NSS unit has taken initiatives for education of slum children in association with Durbar Mahila Samanway Samiti in 2011-12 at “Indubala Abashik Vidyalaya”, Neheru Colony, Dakhsindari, Kolkata.
- Celebrated 100 years of International Women’s Day at Shradhananda Park and setup
a stall at this occasion to aware people about Sexually Transmitted Diseases. This programme was organised in association with Durbar Mahila Swamannay Committee, of 12/5 Nilmani Mitra Street, Kolkata 700 006.
- Blood donation camps organised by the NSS and Students Union in 2012.
- Health camps were organised by the NSS unit in 2010-11.
- Cleaning of Maidan “The lungs of Calcutta” in 2011-12.
Dr. Ayantika Ghosh (Programme Co-ordinator)
E-mail Id: ayantika1ghosh[at]gmail[dot]com.